It is possible to be healthy and content while still being a little overweight, but generally we are better off when close to our ideal body weight. Sometimes this seems easier said than done.
A few weight loss tips from the latest journalism include:
- Eat natural food rather than processed. This is pretty basic, but also fundamental. Getting rid of the additives and preservative in food makes all the difference.
- Drink plenty of water. If we mistake thirst for hunger we will put on weight.
- Eat mindfully, If we eat in front of the Television on in many social situation we just keep on eating without noticing the amount. Eat slowly, really taste the food and be aware of the process.
- Plant based smoothies can replace ice cream and yogurt, and help us lose weight.
- Green tea is healthy and seems to help weight loss.
- Make sandwiches with only one layer of bread.
- Use smaller plates, and find that you eat less.
- Avoid sit-ups and do squats instead. Sit-ups risk spinal damage, and achieve little. Squats benefit core and leg muscles.
- Eat five to nine serving of fruit and vegetables per day.
- If half of your lunch or dinner plate is vegetables you are about right.
- Put several serving of vegetables and fruit in a blender and drink in the morning Include celery, cucumber, spinach, kale and fruit like pineapple or blueberries for flavouring.
- Many so called ‘Health’ bars are full of sugar. Avoid.
- Eat eggs. They don’t affect cholesterol, but are healthy in many ways.
- Getting up early seems to correlate with healthier eating. Get some early morning Sun.
- Sleeping in a dark room helps us rest and helps us with weight loss.
- Look to see if there are emotional patterns to over eating.
- Eat protein throughout the day. Many of us don’t eat protein at breakfast.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil per half cup of white rice and render more than half the calories indigestible.
- Eat dark (70% cocoa) chocolate.
A healthy lifestyle means we enjoy life more and for longer. Eat well, exercise, be spiritual, socialize, and have a regular massage.